UK based subsidiary of an international provider of engineering consulting, cost and project management services: Support to their corporate development in the UK including deal flow, screening and approach of preferred acquisition targets, and transaction support.
Global provider of testing, inspection and certification services: Development of a UK business strategy in nuclear safety and subsequent corporate development support including deal flow, target screening and transaction support services.
Global provider of risk management, consulting and certification services for to the maritime, oil and gas and energy sectors: Development of a UK business strategy for the Risk Management and Climate Change business units and m&a support to enable its execution
- Analysis of the UK Sustainability and Climate Change Consulting and of the UK Risk Management markets
- Analysis of the Competitive Landscape and Development of our client’s future Competitive Positioning
- Development of a series of strategic and tactical recommendations in relation to organic growth, sales organization, preferred routes to market and m&a options
- Subsequent mapping of the UK Sustainability and Risk Management markets in order to identify suitable acquisition targets
- Co-management and support to several transaction processes
- Completion of a first acquisition in May 2012
Global provider of IT and Consulting services: Support to UK acquisition strategy within the UK public sector IT market and assessment of viable acquisition targets to secure business form the MoD.
- Our client enjoyed a highly recognizable brand and has had considerable success in securing government contracts. However, it had not been able to replicate this within the MoD. As such, the company felt the best way to improve its standing within the defence community was to acquire businesses with an existing position on MoD Frameworks and programmes.
- To this end, we conducted an initial screening of over 200 companies with IT support services and consulting expertise in the defence market. We then narrowed this to a Top 8 of attractive companies within a limited size ranked by position, prospects, financial performance and an assessment of the complementarity between the target and our client’s current portfolio. Finally, our recommendation was based on three highly suitable targets that met our client’s criteria.
European provider of Certification services:
Development of UK market entry strategy, research and introduction of suitable acquisition targets
International engineering and strategic consultancy firm for asset, ageing and risk management: Development of a UK merger & acquisition strategy targeting the power sector and subsequent support with commercial advisory services
Based in France and having already expanded in Switzerland and the Netherlands, the company decided to develop a presence in the UK through specialist niche acquisitions and requested Victanis’ assistance for its corporate development in the UK.
- Market entry analysis focusing on the Power, Oil & Gas and Transportation industries
- Mapping and review of 100+ risk and asset management companies operating within the UK nuclear & transport industry;
- Co-management and support to several transaction processes; and
- Completion of a platform acquisition in March 2013.
German provider of compliance and consulting services: Preparation and delivery of targeted marketing campaigns across the oil & gas industry in North and West Africa.
French provider of e-Learning services: Preparation and submission of market entry strategies for Germany and support for the screening and approach of suitable German business partners.