Commercial Due Diligence for a European Private Equity firm’s intended acquisition of a Dutch provider of certification, inspection and technology services.
- On a very short notice, Victanis mobilised a project team of 6 based in UK, Benelux and Germany.
- Victanis acted as a Subject Matter Expert from process inception and supported our client in rapidly understanding the compliance industry (main services, business models, competitive landscape, recent transactions, etc.)
- The Commercial Due Diligence focused on the following critical issues:
- sustainability of revenue and profitability by better understanding main business characteristics and operational performance;
- validation of business plan and forecasts by assessing the capability of senior and middle management and reviewing acquisition pipeline;
- understand and assess the recurrence, resilience and growth potential of all of the company’s business units; and
- appreciate the company’s competitive position and its ability to defend its position against competitors and other potential changes within its market.
Acquisition target screening for a UK private equity firm:
market research to build a deal flow of inspection services and asset integrity management companies focusing on the oil and gas sector and operating across the North Sea region.
Commercial Due Diligence to support a UK Private Equity’s acquisition of a precision engineering firm manufacturing engine components for the Aerospace and Industrial Gas Turbine markets.
- The company was a well-established provider of precision machined and fabricated parts to the aerospace and industrial gas turbine markets, primarily focused on aerospace engine parts and was part of a listed parent company based in the UK.
- A preliminary study to assess market conditions and growth plans was initially delivered to give the PE firm confidence to proceed and undertake a full commercial due diligence.
- We then undertook a Commercial Due Diligence focusing on an assessment of the target’s markets, order pipeline, growth forecasts, competitive positioning which included customer referencing and future opportunity. This took into account the impact of the global recession on commercial aviation demand at the time and of potential defence cuts on military take up (especially Eurofighter).
- The transaction was completed successfully. The CDD underpinned the strength of the target as an investment and supported the PE firm to acquire the company with debt financing committed by Lloyds TSB Corporate Markets.
Strategic analysis of the wellness / well-being sector in Germany and Austria for a Swiss investment fund and support to the development of investment thesis and to the implementation of strategy
Commercial Due Diligence to support the French sovereign fund in its acquisition of a large provider of testing services to the food, cosmetics and both the natural and built environment sectors.
Commercial Due Diligence to support a UK private equity firm in its refinancing of a specialist provider of
health, safety and employment law compliance and certification services.
Commercial Due Diligence in support to a private equity owned healthcare company pursuing a further ‘bolt-on’ acquisition.